Wednesday 10 June 2015

Summer Project: Heugh Battery Illustrations

I have left university for the summer but I am going to keep using this blog to keep track of research and bits and pieces that I am doing for projects that I am doing. Its just easier for me to have a place to refer back to where everything is kept together rather than seeing something then not being able to find it again. I will also keep track of all my thoughts and ideas so I know whats what. The project that I have going on at the moment to create 6 illustrations for a World War One illustration exhibition at a museum in the Headlands. My friend has a placement at the museum and she has decided to ask me to create some illustrations for an exhibition. I have had 6 basic outlines given to me for the illustrations this is the information that I have been given so far:
  • The first one is at the beginning of the war when it was declared everyone had a street party to celebrate so some sort of celebration in the street.
  • The second one is when men leave for war on a train.
  • Third one is women had to go to work in garages and there was a royal women's Air Force so I was thinking maybe a women stood in front of an old style plane.
  • The fourth one is lights out at dark like no street lights or car lights so the bombers can't see the towns or cities.
  • Fifth one is of people sitting in an air raid Shelter.
  • The last one is the war is declared over so a load of people stood round celebrating again with maybes a person speaking at the front haha. 
The exhibition is aimed at children and I have all creative freedom over the style and way that I approach this project. My next step is to research for all of the imagery and  create thumbnails. Then I will just go on from there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment