Monday 11 May 2015

Final pages: something a bit different

As this book is aimed at a younger audience I decided that instead of having one more artist the last 3 pages could be for the reader to complete their own profile as if they themselves are an artist in the book. I thought this would be a good way to get the reader involved and excited about art.

I will include a little frame where the reader can draw a mini portrait of themselves, and a space for them to write their name. I will also include some sun headings below the name such as date of birth, where you live and hobbies that you have. Below the profile I will have a drawing of the gallery guide and a blank section for the reader to write a bit about themselves.  The next page will be for the reader to write some facts about themselves and draw some doodles to match the facts. The last page will be an activity page, this is going to be where the reader can create their own piece of art.

I think this idea will be successful amongst the target audience as it is a fun little activity for them to get involved in at the end. Its a bit like a little added surprise for them at the end of the book. I also feel like this might inspire the reader a bit more as they will feel like they are in the book alongside some of the most famous artists from history.






No comments:

Post a Comment