Thursday 30 January 2014

Narrative illustration

i finally decided that i wanted to work on the Nobrow brief. This entailed creating my own narrative based on the word 'exclusion'.  The idea is to create a zine/comic strip style of story. I liked the idea of this brief as it gave me more freedom for creativity. I did look at a few other book options but i couldn't really find a book that i was hugely enthused by. When i read the Nobrow brief i got really exited about it so i decided that was the right narrative for me. I also think it will be good for me to choose this brief because i feel like it will be more of a challenge for me doing something completely different from what i have done before. The three colour palette is also a new venture and challenge for me to face and i am looking forward to trying it out.

I had to think of a story outline before i could continue on with the character development so i thought of what comes to mind when i think about the word exclusion. The main thing that comes to my mind is feeling left out or different to everyone else. I decided to take this simple concept and turn it into a story. The story is about a pony at a unicorn school that gets left out because it doesn't have a horn. I decided that the story would have a happy, funny ending where the pony gets an ice cream horn and it then feels accepted at school.

The next step that i am going to take is to research Nobrow styles and artists. I will also do some research on the things in my story to help me get a better understanding of how everything will look.

No comments:

Post a Comment