Monday 13 January 2014

The book of drawings: Making the images

Before i started to make the images i had a long think about what i wanted to use to paint the images with. In the end i decided to go with Goahe paint. Because the paint that i decided to use was rather waterey i had to decide on a suitable paper that wouldn't warp too much when wet. In the end i went with watercolour paper. i knew what images i wanted to have on each page and because i didn't want my images to have an outline i just painted them straight on the paper. Here are my images  ( I scanned them in and the colours became washed out )

front cover


first and second page: plant girl



third and fourth page: biscuit mountain pop up page

fifth and sixth pages: First conversation and apple fight (there will be people sitting on the steps in the final book.)



I then had to decide how i wanted to bind my book and include a pop up page. After a while summing up all of the options i decided to scan all of the images into indesign and print the book onto card. I will then stitch the book but leave a space in the middle of the spine that will allow me to create my pop up page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment