Sunday 4 May 2014

Artist research Kristyna Baczynski

Kristyna Baczynski is an illustrator, Comic book artist and designer from Yorkshire with a Ukrainian heritage . She creates cute character based illustrations that use bold lines and block colour. The things i like about her illustrations are the unique looking characters and the nice use of colour.
Baczynski also creates her own quirky zines and picture books. I decided to look at this illustrators work because for this current project i am creating a zine so i thought it might help me out with that. Because of this i decided to look at a few of her zines looking at the layouts and colour use in particular, this has helped me out with the layout of my zine. 
I have seen a few little zines of hers when i have been looking in book shops and a few of my friends own them. Every time i walk past one of her zines or books i have to look through it because I love the distinctive style of her drawings.  I was fortunate enough to meet this illustrator at a zine fair that i went to and she was really kind and friendly. She did two A5 drawings for me, Here are a few of her zines that i looked at for inspiration and the drawings that she did for me. 









No comments:

Post a Comment