Tuesday 13 May 2014

Colin West Final image

I am doing the poem a king and a cat for my colin west piece. i had already drawn the male character but hadn't drawn the cat yet so i did that yesterday then composed the image on photoshop. for the cat i used pencil, coloured pencil, white crayon, water colour and fine liner. I decided to do the cat ginger as i thought it would stand out and make the image look fun. I really like how the cat turned out i think it conveys a fat lazy cat quite well. I also really like how the media that i used to create the image works. I think i have found what i like to use most and in the future will be working more in this style and using the same things to create my illustrations.




Here is the final image i am really pleased with it although i think it lacks a background. I left it out because in the original illustration there was no background and i thought it worked well. Also backgrounds have never really been my strong point so over the summer i am planning on improving this as it is important to making images feel complete. I think when my illustration is paired with the text of the poem it will look a lot less barren on the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment