Friday 28 March 2014

Artist research John P Miller

I decided to look into some retro children's book illustrators because i love how they look, they have such a unique distinctive look that is instantly recognisable as retro. I found some of J.P Miller's Illustrations and fell in love with them so i decided to do some further research into his work. J.P Miller was born in 1913 and died in 2004 he was an illustrator that illustrated many children's books. He illustrated many books from the 'Little Golden Books' series that are still pretty popular now. I love the bright block colours that are used throughout his work. I like to use paint a lot throughout my work and looking at his images is really inspiring me to try out new painting techniques and colours. His work is so iconic of the time and i think it is adorable. Here are a few pieces of his that i love.







No comments:

Post a Comment