Friday 28 March 2014

Artist research Nan Lawson

I found some of this artists work and fell in love with how cute and quirky it is. Nan Lawson is a self taught illustrator living and working in Los Angeles. She is well known for creating stylised portraits of  popular people and characters but she also works free lance. I think that her simplistic drawings will help out a lot with the simple characters within my story. I was drawn to her images because of the line work and colours that are used. I love how fun all of her characters are. I also think its really unique how most of her drawings have closed eyes but i think it works really well with her style, I might experiment with this idea in some of my sketchbook work. here are a few of my favourite pieces that she has created. 





No comments:

Post a Comment