Monday 24 March 2014

Pony falling into the bin :(

I was going through the different scenes in my story and thinking about how i could create them using drawings and photography. There is a part in my story where the pony finds a bin to hide in. I was thinking about how i could improve this part of the story to make it more interesting. I decided to create a little bit of comedy and have the pony struggling to climb into the bin and then it would fall in. I found a little metal bucket that i thought would work perfectly as a prop for a bin. To make it clear that the bucket was a bin i cut out the word bin and stuck it to the front and i think it worked really well because it makes it a bit more fun. I then started drawing the pony in a position that made it look like it was climbing up the side of the bin. It was hard to imagine what a pony would  look like doing this because horses or ponies don't (to my knowledge) regularly scale the side of things. I think it turned out looking exactly how i wanted it to though. 


The next image is the pony falling head first into the bin. This was even harder for me to imagine so i wanted some reference to draw from. I didn't want to spend a long time looking through pictures online so i asked my friend Arron to fall into the bin so i could get more of an idea of how to position the body and legs. this helped a lot i took some photos and did a few sketches before drawing the final image. I think it turned out really well and shows clearly what is happening. 




This scene has worked out really well so far all i have to to now for this section is decide what is going to be in the background of the image. I am really pleased with how the images are turning out so far and i think the simplicity of the characters makes them stand out really well against the other props and backgrounds that i am using. 

No comments:

Post a Comment