Wednesday 4 February 2015

Research: Horrible Histories

I looked at the 'Horrible Histories' books to get a few ideas on how to write information that will appeal to a younger audience and how to successfully incorporate illustrations. The comic style strips that they include with the text works well because I feel as though a child would read the text then the little comic will help them to understand it and it will help them to feel fully immersed in the history and as if they have been transported back to the time that it happened. This gave me the idea to create my own little comic strips within the book showing interesting things that happened in the artists lives. I also think that the dates at the top of the page works effectively because it keeps everything clear and there is no confusion as to when things happened.  The variety of different drawings methods of presentation and breaks up the text and keeps the book interesting for children. I aim to create the same interesting exciting look that will draw young readers in. The funny jokes and things that the characters say are also a really nice touch to keep the subjects light hearted and humorous. Here are a few examples of pages that I think work really well from a Horrible History book. 









No comments:

Post a Comment