Friday 8 November 2013

Mac vs Pc

If I am asked about what I prefer to use between a mac and a pc I personally don't have much of an opinion. At the moment I don't own either and when I do use one I don't mind what I use. If asked what I would rather use to be creative I would choose a mac because I think that the colour and line quality looks a lot better. If I am just going to say play a game or just web browse then I would choose a pc.

mac's are used within the creative industry, It has been this way since 1984 as photoshop originally only worked on mac's. Now that photoshop is available on pc the main reason that they are industry standard is because of the colour calibration between the mac and the printer. Basically the colour on the screen is true to the colour that it will print out where as on a pc the colour can change when printed.   

Overall I think that both of these machines have their own set of pros and cons and they are both great for different purposes, but mac is and will probably remain industry standard within the creative industries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment