Thursday 25 September 2014

CD Design research

There are so many things that can be done with a cd case so I decided to do some research on some really interesting CD case designs as I would like to create something a bit unique if it is possible. 

The case below is very pretty and when opened it has 2 different compartments for booklets and extra things that are included with the album I really like the amount of space that this case has for illustrations. This would be great if I wanted to create extra content to include with the cd.



The case below is very simple as it is just two pieces of card put together and sown around the edges. Although this design is undoubtedly simple i really like it as i think the seams are a lovely effective little detail. this album cover wouldn't be too good if i wanted to include a booklet but if I decided against the idea of a booklet I would definitely consider this option. 



This house shaped album casing is an absolutely bizarre idea for a CD case and iv'e seen nothing like it before. I love this idea but i think its a bit over the top and decadent, although it would definitely make me want to go and buy the album if I liked the artist rather than downloading the music. I think if this idea fit the concept of an illustration it would be amazing to create an idea similar to this although I don't think I will be.   



These are just of the few of the many things that can be done with the packaging of a CD when I create my CD cover I will think about all of the different things that I can do to make the case more interesting so someone would be more likely to buy it, because that is an important factor within the music industry at the moment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment