Tuesday 23 September 2014

Level 5 introduction: Non-Narrative Illustration- Choosing an album

The first brief of second year is based on the topic of Non-Narrative Illustration and the task we have been given to do is to create an album cover, poster and some form of merchandise for an artist from a list we have been given.  





When I was presented with the first brief of second year I became slightly worried because I couldn't really imagine my illustrations fitting in with album covers. When I heard the album suggestions i became even more apprehensive because they were quite strange and a lot of them would not have suited me at all, For example I could never imagine illustrating an album cover for a rapper or an electronic group.  After listening to a few of the bands that I was interested in I began to think about what would work for my drawings, after a while I realised that it would be nice to work with a calm pretty sounding artist as I like my drawings to have a happy, calming feel to them. I looked at my list again and managed to narrow it down to two options, First Aid Kit and Agnes Obel. I gave these two a re listen to weigh up my options. I then decided to go with Agnes Obel as I liked how much music rather than singing that she had within her songs, it made the songs feel more beautiful and whimsical.  

Considering how worried I was about this brief when we first got it I have became a lot more comfortable with the idea of creating art linked with music because I think I have found an artist that could work well alongside my drawings and aesthetics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment