Thursday 25 September 2014

Research: Folk album covers

As my concept for this module is based on folk tales I decided to look at some Folk album covers and see if I can relate it to my work in any way at all. 
A lot of the album covers that I have found feature the same recycled look CD case, this is the look that I hope to achieve with my CD case. Another main feature that I have noticed is a lot of them include pencil drawings and very rich colours, they look slightly DIY. I love the effect that they have they look very warm and nostalgic, a bit like what folk music itself represents. I hope to create an album cover that evokes the same feelings as these folk albums because I feel like they are very interesting and pretty to look at. Overall I feel as though they link to my work very well and I would like to create something like these. Here are the ones that I think work best.






No comments:

Post a Comment