Thursday 29 January 2015

Artists to consider for the book

As I wanted to include a collection of both male and female artists within this book I decided to compose a list of both male and female artists to consider including in the book. I found this quite difficult because there were a lot more male artists as in the past the artistic industry was very prejudice towards women and as a rule females were not artists, there are a few exceptions and women will have created art they just were not given the credit or recognition that they deserved. Despite this I have managed to find an equal amount of artists from both genders. After researching the artists separately I may revise the list and add or take away some of the people on it but this is what I have for now, as a starting point. I have done the lists as two separate ones so I know how many of each gender that I have. I aim to keep it as equal as possible (the lists are in no particular order, I just wrote them down in the order that I thought of them)

Males

  • Salvador Dali
  • Vincent Van Gogh
  • Pablo Picasso
  • Leonardo Da Vinci 
  • Henri Matisse 
  • Andy Warhol 
  • Johannes Vermeer
  • Michelangelo Buonarroti 
Females 
  •  Frida Kahlo
  • Georgia O' keeffe
  • Artemisia Gentileschi
  • Lavinia Fontana 
  • Rosa Bonheur 
  • Paula Rego 
  • Giulia Lama 
  • Hilma Af Klint 

No comments:

Post a Comment