Monday 12 January 2015

Carries war book cover concept

The overriding concept of this book cover was to focus on a part of the story where the two main characters go to visit their friend’s house. They go quite regularly so I thought that this would help children to picture that part of the story in their heads, It is also the part of the story that I found most interesting, it was very descriptive and gave me this wonderful magical but also creepy scene in my head. I wanted to create this scene in real life then photograph it in the hope that it would draw children into the scene, making them want to read the story themselves. I also thought I would make the scene have a slight orange glow to crate a warm feeling of nostalgia which would also draw adults into the book to buy it for their children. I feel although my concept brings an added element into this story helping children to expend their imagination and in turn be more interested in the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment