Friday 21 November 2014

Artist research: Elsa Mora

Elsa Mora is a multimedia artist originally from Cuba. She creates a lot of paper cut art because she is fascinated by the endless possibilities of the medium. she liked to turn  a flat piece of paper into something meaningful. 
She creates fully white pieces as well as full colour pieces. She also creates flat and 3D images from using the paper in different ways, sometimes she will just cut into the flat paper to create an image and other times she will mould and layer the paper to create an image. I really like the versatility of her work because she creates a large range of styles with in her work whilst still keeping it recognisably similar, I think that this keeps her art interesting. I think her 3D pieces work really well and I would like to try out creating a 3D paper cut piece for my carries war book cover. 




No comments:

Post a Comment