Sunday 9 November 2014

New Brief - Commercial

the next module topic that we have is commercial work. This module consists of  8 different briefs to choose from some are live and some are for competitions. The briefs that we have been given vary massively and cover almost every area of illustration, looking through the briefs I will have to consider where I would like to be within the industry in the future and do something to reflect that.  when first looking through the briefs a few stood out to  me, the penguin book cover brief, the traveling man brief, off life and communication arts competition. I think I would enjoy these briefs because I like books and being able to tell stories through images.

Thinking about what i'd like to do in the future I think that these briefs would best suit me, I now just have to think about it more and narrow it down to one. I have already started reading one of the books (Carries War) from the penguin brief, just in case I choose that one, because I remembered it from when I was younger and decided to quickly re read it. I will have to consider a few other things whilst choosing a brief. I will have to decide if I want to go for a bigger brief (penguin,) where there is more competition and ultimately less chance of being chosen, but more chances and exposure could come from it. Or a brief where I have more chance of success, like the traveling man brief, but possibly with smaller opportunities that will come from it.  

I think its likely that I will chose the penguin book brief but I want to have a good think about it before I decide for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment