Saturday 1 November 2014

Editorial Artist research Sarah Hingle

After giving my editorial piece some thought I realised that it would be good to try and include a drawing of Agnes Obel herself as the article will be about her. I decided to look into an editorial illustrator that draws portraits for magazines. Sarah Hingle is an Australian illustrator that has worked for magazines from around the world including Elle magazine, Frankie magazine and milk and honey  to name a few. Her style is very traditional looking as she draws very accurate portraits using pencil, a lot of her drawings are also brightened up with splashes of colour in the backgrounds. I think her drawings work really well because they are very delicate and pretty whilst remaining lifelike the colour she uses adds an extra element of interest and excitement, which I hope to achieve within my editorial piece.  I am going to tryout drawing Agnes Obel in pencil and add colour for more interest and see how it works out. I don't know if ill be able to pull off drawing as realistically as Sarah Hingle does but ill give it a try and if it doesn't work out I can always simplify my drawing to suit me more. 





No comments:

Post a Comment