Thursday 30 October 2014

Poster Design

For my poster I wanted to create something a bit different from the album cover but using the same colours and theme of an enchanted forrest. I decided to expand on the cd case and instead of having leaves on it I wanted to create the whole forest. I did this by painting various tree shapes using the same colours that i used for the leaves on my cd case. I then added lots of different black tree trunks, I wanted to make the bottom part of the forrest quite dense with tree trunks to add more mood and to darken the image slightly. Next I added a dark background that I created with watercolour and the hand written text. The final thing that I wanted to do to add more interest to the poster is add a light glare coming from the forest trees, I feel like this adds to the story of the CD case because it looks like the scene from the CD is happening in the forest where the light is coming from. Overall I am pleased with how the poster turned out because I feel like it sets the right tone for the album. 
The next step is to print out the poster design onto A2 paper that has a grey sort of colour to it. I decided on this colour because I didn't want to use a paper as dark as the cd case because I feel like it would make the image too dark, but I didn't want to use a bright white paper either so this is a good middle ground. 



No comments:

Post a Comment