Wednesday 15 October 2014

Merchandise: Product design

For my merchandise I have decided to create a cushion. I decided this after thinking about what the target audience might like to receive or purchase, I got the idea of creating a cushion so the listener can be comfortable whilst listening to the music. I want to make the cushion represent the leaves on the front of the album cover so it is clear that the product goes with the rest of the products in the box set. 

I have got some plain white cotton material that I plan to screen print the design onto for the front of the cushion. I have got a different colour for the back, the back colour will match the colour of the veins of the leaf design. I also plan on adding some decorative pom pom fringing as I feel this adds a more Scandinavian design feel to the product. I also will have wading on the back of the design and I will sow around the veins of the leaves to make the cushion more textured and interesting.  I plan on having a zip fastening but I might change my mind and create the cushion with no opening. I have drew up my design and added some notes, I have also bought the materials so I am ready to make the product straight away. The next step will be to work out the dimensions that I want the cushion to be, and maybe make a small prototype. Then get on with screen printing my material and assembling the final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment