Wednesday 29 October 2014

Artist research Sandra Dieckmann

Sandra Dieckmann is an illustrator From Germany she creates beautiful artwork using what looks like pencil and watercolour. Her images often revolve around nature and wildlife but they always have an extra magical touch to them.  
I decided to research into this artist in particular because I was strugling with making my image more dark and this illustrator likes to show the darkness in folktales which is what i am aiming to do with this project. 

"The best folktales have a dark edge. Conversely, the best folk art pops with colour - perhaps as a visual way of whistling in the dark, perhaps a celebration of the richness of northern Europe's storytelling tradition. Sandra Dieckmann's nature inspired illustration has got that elusive, comfortable yet disquieting quality in spades."(Digital Artist Magazine)

The thing that I think works best within her work is the delicate lines, colours and patterns that she uses. I also really like the compositions used within her work, I feel like they are really considered and  really add to the mood of the image. I will look at the compositions and colours of her work and try and improve the mood in my own work.




No comments:

Post a Comment