Tuesday 7 October 2014

Idea development

I started to develop my concept based off the Folk tale of Huldra. I began just drawing women curled up in a ball as if the woman is trying to hide herself from the world. I then began to decide how I want to draw the tale as it is hard to position it naturally. I decided to make the base of the tale look like cow print on the skin because it looked strange otherwise. Here are my starting point sketches. I was also trying out a technique of colouring the image using crayon, I didn't really like how this turned out so when I develop my image further I will try out a different medium to colour it.   

Development sketches 
Although I like the body position of the coloured sketch more the image below is my favourite sketch so far, I think its because I like the face being visible. I will now take this drawing and develop it further and see what happens.  

Favourite sketch

I also started to develop my leaf drawings as I want to include a circle of leaves around the woman so it looks like the leaves are protecting her. I decided to draw a verity of leaf shapes to get more of an idea of what I like the look of. I like the look of all the different leaves so I think I will experiment with what I like best with the image fully composed. 

leaf sketches 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment