Tuesday 21 October 2014

Artist research: Petra Börner

As I have been struggling to get to grips with the typical Scandinavian colour palettes used in a lot of Scandic design, I have decided to research more artists that use colours that I feel like I can work with more but still stick with the Scandinavian look and feel.

Petra Börner is a Swedish illustrator that studied fashion and takes a lot of inspiration from her great grandfather. After her completing her studies in London she started getting commissions from top design publications such as Elle and Vogue. Börner has collaborated with fashion houses and publications such as Louis Vuitton and Penguin books. 

Looking at her work the main thing that attracts me to it is the warm, bold colours and the theme of nature throughout her work. I think that I might be able to use colours similar to her work because I feel like they fit the slightly dark nature of the album that I am illustrating a cover for.     




No comments:

Post a Comment