Tuesday 7 October 2014

Initial thumbnail sketches

here are sketches of the initial ideas that I had for the album covers they are only thumbnail very rough sketches at the moment to help me decide witch idea I like best.

These sketches are for a concept that I had based on a scandinavian folk tale about a man that buys a cat. I decided to try out  drawing some cats curled up asleep because I love the shape that they make when they're all snuggled up. After drawing the thumbnails I decided that I did like the idea but I feel like it doesn't go that well with the sound and atmosphere that the album has.

Cat sketches 



The next concept that I had was based of the folk tale of the hill people that lived under the hills because they are scared of loud noises. I decided not to go through with this concept because it was very similar to something I had previously seen (read more about that here) and I couldn't figure out a composition that I liked. 


Hill people rough sketches

The final concept idea that I have is based off a Folk tale called Huldra about a woman who gets given a cow tale and she has to hide it from normal people. (Read the folk tale here) The moment I read this story I really liked it and it made me think of a woman that lives in an enchanted forrest. When I listen to Agnes Obels music it makes me think of a beautiful forest with an undertone of darkness. I think this idea would work really well for the album concept. Here is a very rough sketch of the idea I have, sorry for the bad photo ill upload a better one the next time I have that sketchbook on me. 


Huldra rough sketch 













No comments:

Post a Comment